Monday, February 4, 2008

The day I died – Part One

heart with coronary arteriesImage via WikipediaThree years ago this last December I died. I know you are wondering am I blogging from the other side? Fortunately I am back alive at least for today, and I have to trust God one day at a time for every breath and for every heartbeat. It gives you a whole new outlook on life.

One December day early in the month I was at my work sitting in my cube when I started to feel heaviness on my chest. It felt like my child was sitting on my chest. I walked up to my boss and asked if it was okay if I went to the hospital to get checked out. She immediately sent me on my way.

After a quick stop by my house to see my wife and kids I headed out the door to Norwood Hospital. Shortly after arriving they brought me to the treatment center of the emergency room. They assumed that I was having a heart attack so they treated me accordingly. The only problem was I was not having a heart attack instead it was anxiety brought on by the untimely death of my mother and all the issues I had to deal with just a few weeks before. We buried my Mom the day before Thanksgiving.

To ease my pain they gave me a Nitrate patch to open up the blood vessels and make it easier for the blood to flow. While I was lying there a few minutes later I started to feel funny. I felt kind of dizzy and I called out for the nurses. As I looked out across the room my peripheral vision stated to slowly collapse as if I was being sucked backwards threw a tunnel. The outside of the tunnel being the material world seemed to get farther way until like a pin prick it disappeared. At that moment my heart stopped beating.
Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

Ogden Valley Real Estate said...

Yeah, we never know when our eyes are closed and our soul departs. But it was good that you acted promptly rather than wait for some time to see the situation. Sometimes we're so much burdened that it does happen to few people because our heart after all gets tough treatment if we're stressed. It hurts our heart a lot.

Deutschland said...

I'm so sorry!
Take care of yourself!