Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The day I died – Part two

A half a minute latter I woke up surrounded by doctors and nurses. Someone in the room said, “Had they called it?” When that nurse saw that I was conscious she said “Oh I meant had we called code blue.” This of course was a fib because all the nurses and doctors were all ready there. Believe me there is not much scarier than waking up in the emergency room hearing that.

My heart had stopped for half a minute, which seems like a short time but to a cardiologist that is a very long time. I wish I could tell you that I saw Jesus, angels or pearly gates but that would not be true. If I did experience any of that the memory did not come back with me. Even though I had always had strong faith in Christ as my Lord I did not have one of those experiences. Maybe I wasn’t gone long enough.

Even though Christ did not appear to me he had answered my prayers. You see I waited late in life to marry. My wife Joy is a beautiful Filipino who hails from the Philippines and we have two young daughters. At the time my oldest had just turned three and my youngest had not yet turned one. Because both my parents had passed away within the last 18 months if I died my wife and children would be left alone.

I knew my wife would return to the Philippines where my children would be raised in a third world country and suffer in poverty for the rest of their lives. Before my heart stopped I prayed to God and asked him for a favor. I knew if I died all would be well for me but for my wife and children’s sake I asked him to let me live till my children are grown and have families of their own. God honored my prayer and I am still here.

I will continue this series tomorrow with the experiences that followed after I came back from death.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

hello! can we xlinks? just let me know if its okay! u've got a nice blog huh! :D

josh said...

Hi there. Here's a not-so-new year's meme:

http://cubicledenizen.blogspot.com/2008/02/not-so-new-years-meme.html