Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tracing my Royal Bloodline

Royal family of France in Classical costume during the reign of Louis XIVImage via Wikipedia

Sorry no recent posts. I’ve been absorbed in tracing my royal bloodline. As most of those who read my site know that I love genealogy and history. I recently discovered that my family has a connection to the French Royal Family. Threw Catherine Baillion who came to Canada as part of a program to help populate New France.

Catherine ‘s family was a minor royal bloodline for a few generations because it was the daughters of daughters of royalty. But it dos connect into the Kings of France and ultimately with Charlemagne First Emperor of The Holy Roman Empire.

The Interesting thing as that one of her ancestors traces linage to some of the Emperors of the Byzantine Empire. So you can see the distraction. This is a genealogist’s fantasy come true. Of course this and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

0 comments: