Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Daddy Play with Me.

Daddy don't blog just play me with today. This is the mantra of my kids every night. They want to play tickle monster and have me chase them around. Usually this culminates with daddy on the bed getting jumped on by two monkeys.

I love to play with the kids but it can get distracting as well. Seems like I have so much to do everyday and very little time to do it in. But I must always remember to take time to spend with my girls. Right now I'm still their hero, their favorite person in the whole world. But they grow up so fast. Leona is now 6 and Angelina is now 4. How many more years will they want to play with daddy? How long will it be until dad is just the old guy who embarrasses me in front of my friends.

So for now I will make time to play with my monkeys. I will make time to do fun things with them. I will seize the moment before it forever slips away. I hope everyone with little ones takes the same attitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,

Your post reminds me of a lovely song called "Butterfly Kisses"... Sweet!
Your right, and if you don't have time for them, make time for them! Remember, time fly, so don't let it pass!

Chantix

Anonymous said...

It is very important to play with the kids even if it is the last thing we want to do!

Jennifer said...

The most disappointing thing I got after reading and looking that foto is I am not able to find that lovely kids name. Anyhow kids need your time...thats important.

Jennie