Saturday, March 29, 2008

Preserving your Family History Part Two

    Label the pictures in the Photo Album. I inherited a photo album filled with pictures of my grandparents when they were young. There are lots of pictures of what might be their aunts, uncles, siblings, parents and even grandparents. I even have a photo so old it is on tin. I have a photo of a man in a Civil War uniform of the Union Army only I don’t know how he is. I am scanning all these photos to preserve but will not be able to identify over half of those in the pictures. Don’t let future generations lose out on this valuable info.

    Having some simple index of who is who in each photo album will insure maintaining that person’s identity. When you pass away someday your children or grandchildren will not know that they are looking at you at 6 years old sitting on Uncle John’s lap. If you are not willing to do so you should take the photos with you in the coffin because the memory of those who have goon before you is lost forever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the photo stick in the family bible is better, because can know the name of them and face of them at the same time.