Saturday, March 29, 2008

Off to the Library

Source: Wikipedia

My daughter Leona loves to read and it makes my heart glad. It is amazing to me that after only ½ a year in kindergarten she can already read. I think when I was a kid it we just colored pictures at that age. But she can read and write sentences and even do some basic math. I'm very impressed with the local school system.


One of the motivations I used this week to keep the kids in line was to promise to take them to the library if they behave all week. Their reward is to get to take out two books each. Amazing I get to reward my kids by encouraging them to read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

its good to bring our child to the library as early as posible. i brought my niece to library every weekend. i love books so much myself.

jamaine12 said...

Reading a book is a very good way of learning..You can also go to different places at a certain time while you're reading.^_^

Anonymous said...

How a kinder garden kid can do that kind of thing??can write and read sentence, Unbelievable.