Saturday, January 26, 2008

Being a Dad

A little over 6 years ago my world got turned upside down. I became the proud parent of a bouncing baby girl named Leona. A little over two years latter my second bundle of joy Angelina (Angel) was born. Life became a line from the Charles Dickens Classic a Tale of Two Cities. “It was the best of times it was the worst of times.” Being a father was the most exciting and fulfilling adventure I had ever embarked on. It was also the most challenging and frustrating one as well.

Dirty diapers, bottles, and children crying soon turned our peaceful existence into chaos. Sleep became a thing of the past, a distant memory of days gone by. This was quickly replaced by human alarm clocks screeching, “Get up daddy the sun is up”. Not a great thing to hear on a Saturday morning.

As the children grew a bit older the diapers and bottles dissipated but the challenges have not. God in his infinite wisdom gave my two little primates the power of speech. Now the words “That’s Mine” and “She hit me” permeate the air as we enter the wonderful world of bickering and winning. Oh to hear the T.V. again, thank God for DVR boxes.

With all the challenges and difficulties of being a dad nothing can equal the joy that comes with job. To see little ones run up to you with open arms a scream daddy’s home is one of those things in a Visa Card commercial priceless. Two have children climb all over me and fight to see who can get closes to me brings a feeling that can never be put into words. To see happy smiling faces that love and adore you is what life is all about. Thank God he made me a dad.

0 comments: