Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Unbeliever Questions Creation

Engraving of Rabbi Akiva Eger. Hebrew inscription reads: Image from WikipediaAn unbeliever once asked Rabbi Akiva, "who created the World?"
"God" replied the Rabbi.
"Prove it, " demanded the unbeliever.
Rabbi Akiva told him "Come back tomorrow."
When the man came back the next day, Rabbi Akiva asked "What are you wearing?"
"A Robe"
"Who made it?"
"The Weaver."
"I don't believe you, prove it." demanded the Rabbi.
"This is ridiculous. Can't you tell from the fabric and design that a weaver made this garment?" said the man.
"And you - can you not clearly tell that God made the world?"

After the unbeliever left, Rabbi Akiva explained to his students, "Just as a house was obviously built by a builder and a garment obviously sewn by a tailer, so was the world obviously made by a Creator.

Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

Mumbai Florist said...

Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...

Buy textbooks cheap said...

This is an excellent post. I have a similar blog myself so I will keep coming back to read more to enhance my knowledge.