Monday, April 28, 2008

My Visit to The American – French Genealogical Society

Saturday morning I got to visit The American – French Genealogical Society in Woonsocket, RI. I was incredible to see over 10,000 volumes of research material all under one roof. I felt like a kid in a candy store with so much to explore.

They had church records from all over Canada and areas of the United States were large concentrations of French Canadians lived. From what I understand they have one of the larges collections of French and French – Canadian research material in North America.


I can't wait to go back and continue my research if I can only convince Joy to let me go LOL. I intend to spend the $40.00 or so to join for a year. To Joy this is a crazy hobbies to me it is the most exciting adventure since getting married.

0 comments: