Saturday, April 5, 2008

The History of a New England Family

Because I have a passion for genealogy I created a new blog just for recording information about my Step Father Allen Linneaus Lunn and his family roots. This is an interesting family tree because it goes all the way back to the Mayflower. Allen was a descendant of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins who both came to Plymouth in 1620 on the Mayflower. Shortly after coming to the New World they fell in love and where married.

What is also very interesting is that many of his ancestors were not far behind many came within the first 20 years of the establishment of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. This makes for a very rich and interesting genealogy. The name of the sight is " The History of a New England Family. "

I got the idea of this type of blog from Family Tree Magazine. They did an article on family tree blogs. This should be a fun blog for me to do.
Zemanta Pixie

0 comments: